Tuesday, July 31, 2012

No. 1 - Ferris Wheel

A ferris wheel would be my first preference as a clock design for many reasons. Some of these include:

  • I think it would be a fantastic design to use different skills, techniques and materials I could use and do.
  • It would be different as there would be many slits cut out (because in a ferris wheel the arms are not all joined together and they don't have a backing board, the carrousels also swing freely), this would also make it interesting as my clock would not be a block shape.
  • I would be able to make 12 carrousels each with the numbers 1-12 to symbolise the numbers of time on the clock and also the numbers of each carrousel.
  • I would be able to incorporate many variations of colour and 3D elements e.g. each carrousel or arm could be a different colour, I could make little lights to put on the arms (beads, scrunched up paper and cardboard which is then glued in the shape of a small ball) or I could even make little roofs for the carrousels which could involve different colours and textures. 
  • As the hands are ticking away it would give the effect that the ferris wheel was moving as they are both moving in the same circular motions (only the ferris real in reality, not on the actual clock).
  • I would also like to do this design as I simply like ferris wheels, I think it will show different techniques I can use and I really think this will make a fantastic clock...it would also go nicely in my room or study (not that that is influencing my choice)!

If by any chance I am not able to make slits in the ferris wheel, I would be okay showing that using 3D elements and paining the background blue for the sky!

Overall, I would really love to make/do this clock design an I think it is a very smart and unique idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment