Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our 3rd Lesson For Term 4

My Layers
Our last lesson for me was something I very much enjoyed as I accomplished all my goals so that I will be ready for vacuum-forming next week. Really, all I have to do is cut out 5 more carriages by tracing the already completed 1-6 - this way the Ferris Wheel will look symmetrical. I have also decided to recut the centre piece as it is a side on view compared to the front view of the rest of the Ferris Wheel, this will make it more appealing and understandable to the eye. Last lesson I also decided to trace the sticker numbers 1 and 2 to make the number 12 onto cardboard. I then suck the two together to resolve my problem of not actually layering and just having everything even and on the same level. I have taken my clock and all materials that I have done so far home, so that I can finish cutting out my carriages and complete the same activity I did with the the number to the legs of the Ferris Wheel. I will also have a chance to redraw and cut out the centre piece, and sand back the edges of all my cardboard shapes - these are meant to look like sharp edges but this can be accomplished and done properly without the edges actually being sharp which will then effect the plastic when the mould/die being Vacuum-Formed. In our next DF lesson on Monday I will check with Mr Andrews that everything is good and no problems look evident before he Vacuum-Forms it. I will then take it home again to paint the plastic clock in many thin layers of paint. I am thinking that every carriage will be a different colour starting from yellow, orange and then red, through to pink then purple, blue and finishing with green.



My Clock
So far I am extremely happy with the progress I have made and look forward to when my clock is Vacuum-Formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment